Entry Level - Full-time
The Barolo team is expanding, and we are looking for ambitious and fun people to join the family, in our Front of House team, to be a part of figuring out our new space and helping set the tone and pace. We are on a new adventure, and moving forward.
We need you to be professional, positive and curious about everything that goes on in our wonderful industry. We place a huge emphasis on togetherness; one of the main foundations of our team culture. You should hold enough confidence to help every person around you. You strive to make your teammates better than you – you ensure that newcomers do not fall into the mistakes that you have made. You also have the essential drive to surrender yourself every day to the service of our guests, and Smile.
Furthermore, you have a basic understanding of wine and beverages in general. You also know the basics about food – the rest we will teach you if you are eager enough. The perfect candidate has had a few years of experience, and is bilingual in French and in English.
- Effectively manage guest flow to maximize seating capacity
- Communicate with all other staff to maintain proper guest flow throughout the restaurant
- Escort guests to their table, engage them in conversation and seat them accordingly
- Accurately take reservations, familiar with frequent guests and knows their names and preferences
- Ensure that the front entrance, host stand and surrounding areas are fully stocked and free from clutter
- Completing opening and closing duties, ie. daily cleaning, stocking outlets, lounge and patio set up and maintenance, dining room preparation, moving and arranging tables and chairs, reservation bookings, confirmations and cancellations, coordinating FOH and BOH with regards to services, guests, allergies, VIPs, etc.
- Know all table numbers and maintain awareness of which servers are in each section
- Complete working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients and what is unavailable for that day
- Lead team by example
- Hosting experience in a fast-paced restaurant environment an asset
- A strong problem solver with an insatiable desire to positively impact the restaurant
- Exceptional relationship building and communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
If you are interested in being part of the family, send us an email to introduce yourself and include your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barolo & Co. Creative Group
Welcome to the conversation.
Our Barolo family wants to change the way people eat & drink in our part of the world. We want to show you our experiences and talk about yours. We have an always learning approach, love new ideas and collaboration. We are passionate about great food and great wine, and we hope that you are too.
We are looking for new family members to come work alongside us and move the culinary revolution farther.